Thursday, October 25, 2012

SELF-DISCIPLINE OR LACK THERE OF


I'm not the biggest fan of people putting their every life ailment up on facebook or twitter for everyone to enjoy, but I am caving on my own personal writing space to say that I don't love snowy commutes. I love snowy everything else, but anything involving snow and cars, just no. This mornings commute was a slow one with angry snowflakes coming at my wind shied with a fury that rivals almost none. However, the drivers were considerate and everyone gave good space, so I can't complain too much. Though, my knuckles may still be white because I'm just high strung like that.

But now, oh, but now I'm sitting in a warm office with a dreamy white paradise right outside my window. I may even play a little secret Christmas music. Very secretly. Maybe just one song. Walking in a Winter Wonderland, anyone? I know, hate me if you must.

Moving on...I've noticed lately that I'm greatly lacking in self-discipline. I'm kind of an all or nothing gal by default, and that doesn't always work for me. I also love lists and outlines. So, I'm sure you can understand my excitement when I came by this 'weekly wellness challenge' (originally found here).

Now, I have an outline/list of a new thing to practice self-discipline on each week, and then build upon. I believe the gals that started this lovely challenge are on week 5, but I started on week 1. Anyone want to join? I'll report after every week, you know, to have someone to answer to. See? Look at all of the self-discipline going on.

So, this week: water. I have a red solo cup in hand at I type (one handed). I love that they started off with an easy one. Thank goodness.

Have a safe and beautiful snowy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment