Thursday, November 7, 2013

ELDER MICAH KWALLEK

Yesterday my little brother reported to the MTC in Provo. There were tears, lots, mostly from our mother. But I think that most of us had at least some degree of moist eyes, even Ellie. I can't believe that she will be two when Micah gets home! I will be forever grateful that he was able to be here when Ellie was born and that he was here for the first 4 weeks of her life. He'll definitely make it home for a fun stage. He loves his niece, but isn't the biggest fan of the pooping, crying, and sleeping which is pretty much Elle's M.O. right now. What can ya do?



 We prepared for his departure by eating out as many meals as possible and watching all of the Harry Potter, because that's how we do. There was also a trip down to St. George for a cousin's wedding this last weekend so it was nice to spend the extra time. Micah and I got to have a good little convo on the way down while everyone else was snoozing. Oh I'm going to miss that boy. We're a lot alike as in we are impatient, have a hilarious sense of humor, and share a great love of cheap food and drink.



I'm so proud of Micah for choosing to go. I know for a quick moment it was a hard decision, but he knew exactly where he needed to be, and Mexico is lucky to have him. One of the hardest parts of yesterday is seeing my two brothers say goodbye. If all goes according to plan, they won't see each other for 4 years. I can't even imagine. Watching them say goodbye broke my heart just a little bit, they're best friends, and I know they'll miss each other dearly. Missions really are sacrifices for everyone involved, but what a worthwhile sacrifice.



I keep wondering what he's doing RIGHT NOW, it's a little fun. Hopefully he'll be willing to write me often and update me on his every move, I'm nosy like that. I do look forward to our emails. I've promised to update him weekly on Castle and Blacklist while it's on. Oh that boy will be having major withdrawals from TV, phones, and xboxes.


Micah, I'm proud of you and I love you. See you in two Mochacchino!


No comments:

Post a Comment