Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Dancin' In The Rain

It's pouring rain outside this morning and I LOVE IT. It's not just sprinkling either, it's pouring. It's a good thing that it's my favorite kind of morning because Ellie Bean tried to boycott sleeping. She woke up about 5 times and when she did, she woke up with a vengeance. You know, the kind of screaming that hurts your innards? She did that 5 times last night. We even tried to let her bunk with us, but she was up jumping on her poor daddy at midnight, so she blew that one big time.


Now, I'm sitting here contemplating whether or not body pump is in the cards this morning, it really should be, but you know, it's raining. What is is about the rain that makes we want to be completely unproductive?


And while I'm mourning the imminent end of Ellie's summer wardrobe and naked thighs, I'm kind of digging my baby in jeggings. Because really, that bum! Shopping for her this fall and winter has been so fun. I might have gone a little overboard, but cold weather clothes are my favorite, so naturally I have a problem.

 


Also, let's please note that Ellie will be one year old in a month minus a day. Because of this, I've officially begun birthday party plans. It's not going to be anything big, but I'm excited to celebrate our little sunshine. This has been the fastest and the best year of my entire life. My heart wants to burst every time I think about it and her and just my life in general.


Jeremy and I have been frantically watching Arrow on Netflix. We're hooked in a bad way. There's a little something for everyone meaning Oliver Queen for me and Laurel Vance for j.rue. I'm totally okay with the arrangement.

In the next photo you'll be pleased to know that not 10 seconds after I took it Ellie pooped on the carpet, a lot. And then she pooped on the tile and smeared it around while I was cleaning up the carpet. I almost cried, but then I laughed, because you guys, I was cleaning baby poop out of the carpet at 6:45 a.m. Never would I have guessed, never. This really is the life.


Lastly, Ellie walks more than she crawls. It look a whole 2 days from learning how to walk for her to think crawling is for squares. And that is exactly what she tells me every time she's recovering from a bumped noggin, "Mom I have to walk because crawling is for squares!" she wails. She's doing it right now as I type actually. Meaning, that's my cue!


Those tiny hands though!

1 comment:

  1. That totally sums up motherhood! You either laugh or you cry! Some days it's both! multiple times! Ha ha keep smiling. I think that is why God makes them so cute! So we can love them even when they poop on the floor! lol

    ReplyDelete