Monday, December 29, 2014

2015

While we're still a few days away from ringing in the new year, I thought that I would start one of my new year's goals a little early. Blogging more regularly. No surprise here, I've been saying that since we got back from Hawaii at the beginning of the month. I was planning on recording the trip, Thanksgiving, Ellie's birthday, etc. Of course, that didn't happen. It will though.


Last night I wrote out how I wanted 2015 to look, in list form of course. Then I totally overwhelmed myself because there are quite a few things that I want to do! Then, today Ellie woke up with a sad little fever and has been sleeping on me literally all day. While I'm so sad that she's not feeling up to par, I'm loving the snuggles and I've been sitting on the couch since about 9 a.m. watching New Girl and Gilmore Girls or working all while cuddling my sweet girl. You should see my house right now. It's in shambles. I don't care. I will tomorrow, in a bad way probably, but not today.

Anyway, amongst the many hours I've been camped out on the couch I've been looking at pictures from the last year (bless that google + backup) and I'm so sad 90% if Ellie's year hasn't been recorded, so that stops today. I'll make up for what I can, but mostly we're starting fresh from today.

So today, how sad is this sweet feverish face? She's been given all of the chocolate and sprite a girl could wish for, and has been sleeping the day away. Also, girl loves burritos, and managed to get about half of mine down for lunch and then promptly passed out after. She will eat Mexican food anytime anywhere. It's probably because she misses her Uncle Micah.


Also, I also managed to look equally as cute...and shiny. If we're being honest, I look like this most Mondays anyway. I love Mondays, I really do.


If you know this girl at all, you know she's not a snuggler. Well, a 10 second snuggler at best. I'm filling my reserves as much as I can today.

For the sake of recording, on Saturday I officially weaned Ellie. I'm pretty sure she would have nursed until the end of time if I had let her. It's surprisingly been not as bad as I've been told, but I've done it very gradually, more for me and my weak mother heart, but I'm pleased with how well it's gone. I was planning on being done by Halloween, but as much like everything else in my life, things didn't go perfectly as planned, and also like most everything else, it has worked out for the best. I guess Ellie really isn't officially a baby anymore.

Okay, that wasn't so hard, was it? I'm putting it out in the universe that I'm going to do this twice a week, hopefully more, but at least that. It's not so hard, right? It's not.

p.s. here's my google+ year in review. Yes, there is a photo I look high in. Do not be alarmed, I am not.


No comments:

Post a Comment