Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Long Weekends Are Good For The Soul

Our family had a lovely long and lazy weekend and I always hate to see those end. J.rue and I didn't get to spend our anniversary together because I was up at a youth retreat in Park City, and while I had a grand 'ol time, I was more than ready for this weekend. My mom kindly volunteered to watch Ellie overnight. I was worried, mostly for my mom because Ellie can be kind of a turd when it comes to breaking regular routine.


Friday night we went to my brother's basketball game and then got Ellie all set up. After going through my million "what-if" scenarios with my mom, we took off. J.rue and I thoroughly enjoyed our good nights sleep and sleeping in. Our little dolly doesn't sleep in past 7:00 am hardly ever. I didn't even open my eyes until 9. It was heaven. We spent the rest of the day eating out, relaxing, shopping, and test driving some cars, which is surprisingly fun. Mostly I just enjoyed spending time with my love, uninterrupted. We don't do that enough.


Of course, my mom and brother kept us updated all days with photos of our little miss to ensure my crazy mother mind that she was, in fact, behaving herself like a little lady. I don't even know why I was worried, she adores her Mimi and Uncle Cale. Before we picked up Ellie, we snuck in a solid nap and then gladly rushed over to pick her up. Honestly, she could have cared less that we were there. See? I worry far too much.



Sunday we spent our morning at church, our afternoon cooking and napping, and the evening with family. Exactly, how Sundays should be spent. I'm also trying a new thing where I take a picture of Ellie every Sunday. I'm trying to keep better records all around and since we're guaranteed to get ready almost every single Sunday, I figured that this was the perfect day to do it. I'm excited to add siblings to the photos in the years to come and have a fun record of them. Ellie isn't super into the idea, but I'll break her eventually :)




Monday we did lots of shopping and had lots of family time. Errands are much more fun when it's the 3 of us, J.rue makes things infinitely easier, and more fun. We ate lunch at Lee's Mongolian in Ogden, my favorite dive, and Ellie loved it just as much as I do. Oh, and we got ice cream. I love any day that includes ice cream. We ended our long weekend with Anchorman 2, which personally, I would recommend skipping. I only made it about 30 minutes in before falling asleep, but it was less that impressive.


So there you have it, a good equation for a solid weekend. Husband, baby (some of the time) and lots and lots of naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment