Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Father's Day 2015

This year was not my best Father's Day production, but luckily one of j.rue's many positive attributes is that he's laid back enough to overlook my celebratory short comings and was just happy to spend the day with us. All he asked for was a chocolate cake (bought from Smith's) and a big breakfast. So, we whipped up a big breakfast with pancakes, eggs, bacon, and sausage and enjoyed each others company before church. Ellie helped make the eggs, her most favorite breakfast food in the world. Her daddy was patient enough to let her whisk.


Ellie gave her daddy the gift of a well behaved sacrament meeting and a card made in nursery full of silver stars and purple crayons. That evening we went up to my grandparents to have dinner with some of my extended family. It was nice to be able to celebrate my grandpa as well, he's done so many things for us and has been a father and grandfather most of my life. I love him.


My Aunt made us a delish Texan inspired meal, after she decided to jump out of a plane with my mom and brother. They're crazies I tell you. 


All in all it was a wonderful day. I think j.rue only had to change one diaper and spend the evening playing foosball with my brother. Who can complain about that?

I'm so thankful that I married a man who has a strong desire to be such a good father. He's so thoughtful in all of his interactions with Ellie and works so hard for the both of us. He's going to be the fun parent until forever. He's totally in love with Ellie and I love watching that.

Happy Father's Day Jeremy! We couldn't love you more.



1 comment:

  1. That picture with your Grandpa is amazing! How precious! Love the pictures in your new house! I hear your getting a shed today! Yay!

    ReplyDelete