Friday, March 18, 2016

St. Patty's Day 2016

St. Patty's Day has never been a huge deal in our family. Honestly, holidays have always stressed me out because I feel like I've never measured up. Luckily, I'm realizing that I'm sadder when I don't do anything, so ever so slowly am I navigating motherhood my own way and figuring out what works for us and me. I've found that I get grouchy when I try to do so much, so it's all about keeping it simple for me. Right now Ellie is at the best age ever as far as holiday excitement goes and I really really really don't want to miss out. Anyway, I thought St. Patty's day was on Friday, but it was on Thursday, so I had to improvise.


On Wednesday night I spent the evening showing Ellie pictures of leprechauns and telling her that they were coming to visit her that night, give her a little kiss on the cheek, and leave her some gold chocolate under her pillow. After she was soundly asleep I ran off the find Rolos. Rolos are the perfect gold chocolate, aren't they?! So, I couldn't find Rolos and settled on caramel kisses. I threw them in a plastic baggy, stuck them under her pillow, gave her a little kiss, and headed to bed. She woke up with no recollection of leprechauns but was stoked to find candy under her pillow.



After the candy fanfare we headed downstairs and cooked up some green pancakes. Ellie loves putting the green food coloring in and carrying her pancakes to the table. It really is just the simple things with her, she loves to help and feel involved. How hard is that?






After breakfast we got ready for the day and had a little photo shoot. Maybe St. Patrick's Day should really just be about how many angles I can get my kids at in green.  Also, I swear to you that I did zero editing to these pictures (that takes too long!) and Ellie's cheeks are really just that rosy most of the time, lucky girl! I'm a little ridiculous. Oh and Fitz's socks? He didn't have any of his own and the only ones that fit him of Ellie's...didn't match. Hashtag secondchildprobs. Once they got tired of me taking pictures we headed out to Micky D's to meet friends for lunch and a little play time. Of course I was too busy gabbing to take any pictures. That's usually how it goes.










But that's it! And you know what? It was a good Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment